Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Pictureless Blog

I know this may seem odd as I am always posting pictures but the batteries on my camera are dead. I figured that if I put off blogging another day, it may be months before I posted again.
So here goes....
We are now in our new house and are loving it. We get to spend so much more time outside as there are so much more things to do. Condo living is definately not suitable for kids. Ella loves it here, she loves being outside.
We've been crazy busy with the renovations, moving and work. On top of all of this Ella has been having a hard time with her molars. We are all awaiting these molars. I think Sly and I are more excited about them coming out than her. She'll be in teething rage for 3-4 days then be fine for a week and a half and then it all starts again, it's a never ending cycle until they are out.
Sly brought me to the World Championship Finals (Canada vs Russia) last Sunday and it was awesome. It was such a great atmosphere. Everyone there was so proud to be Canadian. Everyone was wearing red, lots had their faces painted and many flags were waving.
Everyone was chanting Canada! When Canada scored, you thought the roof was going to blow off the building, it was that loud. You couldn't help but yell and jump out of your seat.
It would have been fun for Canada to win but it was nice just the same. It is something I will remember for the rest of my life.
Congrats to the Russians who had not won in 15 years.
This weekend we are planning on relaxing a little. We have been on the go for the last couple months and June is going to be crazy.
Ella is growing like crazy and has now entered the terrible two stage. I feel like I'm living with a teenager. All she does is argue. I say yes, she says no. She wants me to help her do something, then when I do, she says no because she decided she wanted to do it herself.
It's the oddest thing as Ella had been the calmest little girl 'Angel' is what everyone said. The little girl who never complained about anything. It's like one morning she did a 360 and thought let's just try to get under mom and dad's skin. I'm hoping this doesn't last two long but am told it could be like this for a year. Please let her get through this stage fast.
All I keep telling myself is that I need to hold my own and when I say no, it's no. Even though she may yell and cry and throw herself to the ground.
What a drama queen! She's even mastered the fake cry when she doesn't get what she wants.
Enough of me going on and on. I hope all is good with everyone and that everyone has a great summer.
Love,
S
xxx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, Sly and Ella!!! Oh.. Ruby too! ( Sounded like Scooby doo). I hope you post some pictures of your new home. How fun. Mark and I tried to sell our house last summer, but with this economy it's very hard and we didn't want to give our house away for nothing just to sell. So, we are stuck for a while in this itty, bitty house. Oh well.
All I can say about the terrible 2's is wait til the 3's, 4's, & 5's etc... I don't think it EVER ends! I keep thinking to myself, what could I have done differently to stop the whining etc from the get go? Wait til you have two to deal with. Then the fun really begins. But above all of the headaches, questioning, time-outs, busy schedule, WE LOVE THEM and even when they stomp their feet, THEY LOVE US TOO!

Take care... Kindy Mark Jordyn & Ashtyn

The Kennedy's said...

Hey Sar, did you move into Sly's moms house? Just as kindy said 2's are not the worst as you probably know from Mary's boys. Glad to hear things are going good for you guys, I just wish we could live alot closer :( I miss you guys so much, and we are both so busy that I don't even have time to talk on the phone anymore. the 20 minutes of free time I jump on the computer. Anyway take care and you will get through this phase! Teething yeah Allie is doing that right now as well! Tell Sly HI and give BIG hugs & Kisses to little miss Ella from the Kennedy's!

The Luciuk's said...

Hi Sar

I am glad to see you are all doing well! Busy Busy I hear ya I feel like I am so always so close to falling off the edge then I finish one thing and it keeps going around. Plus the girls keep you busy. It is so much nicer in a house I couldn't be in a condo with a child avery and I spend half the day in and the other half outside and the deck is always open. well say hi to everyone hugs and kisses the Luciuks

Jodi said...

I was ready to warn you that 3's are far worse than 2's but you've obviously been warned already!! I didn't know you were moving...did I miss a post? Anyway, hopefully you will post pics soon. It is great to hear that you are all doing so well. Take care.

Anonymous said...

yae!! abbens has a blog :0)
i loved the clip of caleb in the pool...he was makin' that pool look TOO good.
love ya..