Monday, November 13, 2006

Ella's Birth

Ella Rose Addison Daigle
Born October 11th 2006
8lbs 3oz, 21 3/4 inches

Long story short .... I had contractions all day on Tuesday October 10th. I saw the doctor that day and she thought I was in early labour. She had me go to the hospital that night to get checked out and they sent me home saying I was in false labour. We went home at 11:30 pm, and at 1:30 am on the 11th I was awakened by contractions. We headed back to the hospital around 3:00 am and they decided to keep me. This time, I was in real labour. By 4:00 am I had my epidural and was feeling really good. Things were progressing well and then Ella's heart dropped. Her heart went back up but then did the same thing a couple hours later. Around 12:00pm it was time to push. I pushed for two hours every two minutes. The doctor said Ella wasn't dropping anymore. She offered the forceps and we agreed, actually I didn't let Sly have a say. I just told them I wanted her out. I was so worried about her heart and I knew Sly was too. So they finally got her out and realize the umbilical cord was around her neck and shoulder. This is what had been causing her heart to drop. The doctors were not expecting such a big baby. We couldn't believe that such a big baby had been inside of me.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW SARAH
C'EST UN TRES BEAU SITE
TES PHOTOS SONT TRES BELLES ET,JE TROUVE TON SITE INTERESSANT.JE VAIS RETOURNE LE REGARDER MIEUX QUAND J'AURAI LE TEMPS.
JE T'AIME MA GRANDE
ET TOI AUSSI COCINELLE
X0X0X0

Anonymous said...

salut Sarah, Sly et Ella!!! Comme nous pouvons constater, votre petite famille semble se portée à merveille. Vos photos sont très belles...Ella change de semaine en semaine! Désolé de ne pas t'avoir écris plus tôt mais les journées ne sont jamais assez longues!!! On se reparle bientôt...et en attendant prenez soins de vous tous
Jessica xxx